My mission in life is in great part, to be an inspiring, effective teacher. I have taught many subjects, various disciplines, and almost all ages. Being a teacher is who I am with a driven passion to help others reach their full potential. Life-artistry is a collection of businesses that I’ve founded where I can help others nurture, create and express their life masterpiece. It’s about living a holistic life, from passion-to-purpose. It is about living your light.
Creative Branches of Life-Artistry:
Balancing Arts Yoga and Well Being Studio:
tools and techniques to be peaceful and balanced
Yoga, Yoga Nidra, Somatics, Meditation, Reiki, Sound Energy therapy, Reflexology, and combination sessions. Coaching packages.
Willow Words Writing Services-
Tools and techniques for you to express
Critiques, Editing, Books and Author Visits. Coaching Packages. Books.
Surround yourself with beauty and nature
Paintings, jewelry, photography.
Find the place to live your light!
art/office/therapy space available to rent
Call Sheri: 262-719-4633.
Sheri Mabry, MA
Teacher.Author. Artist. Editor. Entrepreneur.
I am a longtime teacher and life-long learner. My experiences inform my teaching-I practice yoga, am an author, artist, and lover of nature.I am a mom to three lights of my life. I’m a creator – of stories, paintings, books, classes, jewelry, businesses, and relationships. I embrace clean living and honor pure connections. My mantra: Live Your Light!
-BS in Education, UW Madison
-Teaching experience at Cedarburg School District
-Masters in Curriculum and Instruction
-Program Development at Port Washington-Saukville School District
-Experienced Registered Yoga Teacher
-Teaching experience at Balancing Arts Studio, and other studios both local and internationally
-Reiki Master Teacher
-Certified Mediation Instructor
-Thai Yoga Level I Certified
-Award Winning Published Author
-Freelance Editor, Willow Words Literary Agency
-Literary Agent, Willow Words Literary Agency
-Founder: Willow Words Literary Agency. Willow Words Writing Service. Balancing Arts Yoga Studio. Moontide Designs. Meraki Investments. North Shore Academy of the Arts, Inc.
Cedarburg, WI 53012
SUMMARY OF EXPERIENCE
TEACHING PROFESSIONAL, LEADER, CURRICULUM WRITER, and AUTHOR, with over 25 years combined experience in non-profit and for-profit leadership, education and the creative arts. Expertise in teaching, writing, editing, English, teaching strategies, instructional design, curriculum and instruction. Skills include yoga/mindfulness instruction and ecotherapy.
Masters of Education degree in Curriculum and Instruction, National Louis University, Chicago, IL, 1992
Bachelor of Science degree in Education; English minor, University of WI – Madison, 1989
· Taught elementary education (1st– 3rdgrade) in Cedarburg School district for 7 years. All core subject areas
· Coordinated Gifted and Talented program in Cedarburg School District.
· Wrote and Taught Gifted and Talented program at Port Washington-Saukville School District
· Nominated in 1994 for Herb Kohl Education award in elementary school teaching.
· Developed and taught summer art/theater workshops and classes at University of West Bend -Theater Camp, Milwaukee Schools – Foster Kids program, Schauer Center, and Bayshore Town Center.
· Wrote, designed and implemented yoga meditation curriculum for Sheboygan School District.
· Currently teach group and private meditation, yoga, and stress management classes and courses
· Wrote curriculum and implemented programming for NSAA
· Wrote curriculum for Imagine Me Preschool Program
· Wrote curriculum for three school districts
· Wrote creative non-fiction books that aligned with the common core standards, earning the NSTA Outstanding Science Trade Book for Students award, 2017
· Composed, edited and critiqued business, non-profit and academic curriculum including website content, marketing print material, grants and educational resources.
· Award winning author; wrote and published multiple books and articles, including Good Trick, Walking Stick!, Sleeping Bear Press.
· Currently serve as a writing coach, editor and critiquer through Willow Words Writing Services.
· Five additional books to be released by 2021
· Currently hired to write a book for Family Sharing
· Currently hired as a writing tutor
· Founded 4 creative companies with over 20 years combined successful growth in operations including:
o North Shore Academy of the Arts-visual, performing, literary arts
o Balancing Arts Yoga and Well-Being studio
o Willow Words Writing Services
o MoonTide Designs
· Led North Shore Academy of the Arts for over 18 years; produced and directed over 36 performances reaching thousands of community members ranging from pre-school to senior citizens.
· Currently own and direct Life-Artistry, a multi-faceted arts organization (writing, editing, yogic arts and nature inspired art) that inspires people to realize their centered, empowered and creative self.
2000 to Present
North Shore Academy of the Arts and Stagekids – Cedarburg, WI
2015 to Present
Life-Artistry: Willow Words Writing Services, Balancing Arts Studio and MoonTide Designs
2015 to Present
Willow Words Writing Services, a creative branch of Life-Artistry
2008 to Present
Artist and Jewelry Designer
MoonTide Designs, a creative branch of Life-Artistry
2005 to Present
Yoga/Well Being Instructor
Balancing Arts Studio, a creative branch of Life-Artistry
2004 to 2005
Gifted & Talented Programming
Port Washington School District, Port Washington, WI
1989 to 1996
Elementary Teacher & Gifted & Talented Coordinator
Cedarburg School District, Cedarburg, WI
Good Trick, Walking Stick! Sleeping Bear Press; (July 1, 2016)
2018 Magnolia Book Awards
Short-listed, 2018 NSTA Outstanding Science Trade Books for Students K-12 List,
Winner, 2017 Eureka! Gold Award,
Winner, 2016 Growing Goods Kids-Excellence in Children’s Literature Award
Kirkus Reviews – Good Trick, Walking Stick! Reviewed on January 15, 2016
Booklist – Good Trick Walking Stick! Reviewed on February 1, 2016
Picture Book Depot, Reviewed Feb. 20, 2016, by Rita Lorraine
From nationally syndicated column Books to Borrow…Books to Buy
Reviewed by Raif, Age 6 Good Trick, Walking Stick! Posted in Book Reviews, Children’s, May 2016
On with the show-a Guide for Directors and Actors, Libraries Unlimited (March 30, 2005)
Substance Abuse, The Ultimate Teen Guide, Scarecrow Press (July 11, 2013)
How to Organize Your Classroom
Publisher: Teacher Created Resources; New edition (June 1, 1999)
The Mindfulness Journal, Peaces of My Day
Magazine Articles Published in:
- Highlights for Children
- Weekly Reader, Read
- Story Friends
- Family Fun
- Local Newspapers
Upcoming Book Releases:
- Soar High Dragonfly, March 15, 2019
- The Kid and the Chameleon, April 1, 2019
- The Kid and the Chameleon Sleep Over, April 1, 2019
- The Kid and the Chameleon Go to School, Fall, 2019
- Right Here, Right Now, 2020
- Family Sharing Book, 2020
· Eco-therapy Course Certified
· Experienced Registered Yoga Instructor
· Certified Meditation Instructor
· Reiki Master Teacher
· Thai I Level Yoga Certified
· Reflexology Certified
· Yoga Nidra